Sunday, July 17, 2005

I did some fiddling around with internet radio and broadcasting to determine how difficult it would be for the average motivated blogger to put their own station together. I have this germ of an idea, you see.

Turns out that it's not terribly difficult. I have a radio station running - it's actually wide open but you have to know the secret handshake in order to have its URL revealed. I could actually stream a live mic through my setup. It would take about 5 minutes to get that going.

Might there be an adjunct to the blogosphere in the form of audio ranting? I don't know about you all, but I for one would listen in to some of my favorite bloggers.

It's just the germ of an idea, so I am floating it out here among my thousands of readers (all 12 of you) to see if there is any interest. Somebody give Kate a nudge. Can you imagine Live Dead Animals?