Sunday, May 08, 2005

Winter is Over. Good Protesting Weather Finally Arrives.

If you haven't done so already, you should have a read over at Captain's Quarters. Here's a sample comment:
I hate this country. I hate it more and more every day.

This is both confirming and distressing at the exact same time, and for exactly the same reason. I thought it was just me who was totally fed up with the state of the Canadian Union. I can't abide the smug self-congratulatory effeteness that has consumed this once great country.Now that we appear to have added craven tolerance(and perhaps enouragement) for outright criminality,really what is left to lose?
This place is doomed.At this point we deserve the Liberals and their NDP lap-dogs.
Despite all of the spin, denial, posturing, primping, and general excrement huckstering going on, I sense a very deep malaise gripping the populace.

If the Liberal Party of Canada loses a non-confidence vote yet refuses to walk to Rideau Hall, I will be going to Ottawa and staying on the Hill, in protest, until an election is called. Join me. We will lose the country if we don't act.