Saturday, January 21, 2006

Entitled to the Sidelines

I have long admired Ed Broadbent. I don't agree with his policies, but I respect him all the same. I've always thought of him as straight as an arrow. He says it all, and says it better than I ever could. It's a monstrous pity that he is compelled to say this in his final press release.
[...]
It is clear the Liberal Party no longer has the moral authority to deserve people’s votes. It is, simply, not the party it used to be or the party it portrays.

Mr. Martin’s team is running a campaign based on intellectual dishonesty. Cynical manipulation. And recklessly using significant issues for the sole purpose of continuing Liberal entitlement – which we know is used to benefit Liberal insiders, not working people.
[...]
The Libranos should now be relegated to Canada's political sidelines.