Friday, December 02, 2005

The Kind of MP I Want

Forget honesty. Forget integrity. Forget compassion... the kind of MP I am looking for is one that has the humility to admit:
"I was talking in my customary way, with a lack of care."
With that kind of affliction, utterances which claim responsibility for economic performance might also be spoken with a lack of care:
"[...] health of the Canadian economy is largely determined by forces beyond the federal government."
What a remarkable gift one requests when one asks to be excused of all responsibility for what one says. All the structure and accountability of a piece of jello. A human weathercock that can freely rotate in the wind of public opinion. In other words, a leader!

Now I understand why the Liberal Illuminati are so high on this fellow.